A bit about myself

My name is Iain, I am eight years old and I live in Madrid (Spain) with my mother and father. I speak Spanish and English because I'm half and half. And I have lots of questions. I started this blog when I was four.

My mother does something fun here:

My father is very beautiful and special too.

My cousin Inés has a rather great blog called Cool, yeah!

12.1.16

If you could only say one sentence again and again for the rest of your life, what sentence would you choose and why?

From Dominic, by William Steig.
Dominic is not like most dogs, he can say lots of sentences
and think lots of interesting thoughts. 
Every morning I walk to school with my mother. It takes about half an hour and we meet lots of dogs. I don't like dogs at all.

Especially small nervous dogs make me very nervous. When we see a dog in the distance, I try to relax my body, make it go floppy. That way I don't get so tense and don't get so frightened when we pass by it.

This morning a few dogs were barking in the distance. I started wondering what they were saying. And then I realised something quite funny about dogs.

I said to my mother: "Have you realised, Mummy, that dogs have only one sentence? It's like they repeat the same lyric again and again. Their conversations can't be very interesting at all. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof."

We imagined a conversation between five dogs, stuck with one sentence each.

Dog 1: 'Hello, how are you today?'
Dog 2: 'Midget!'
Dog 3: 'I don't know about you but I'm feeling a bit hungry'.
Dog 4: 'Eeeew'.
Dog 5: 'How dare you?'

And we practiced the conversation until we couldn't stop laughing.

Then we tried to imagine what our conversations would be like if we only had one sentence to say and we thought about what sentence we would choose if we knew we were going to be stuck with just one sentence for the rest of our lives.

We decided that the best sentence would probably be something friendly like: "Hello, hope you are well today". That way nobody would be frightened of us and they'd probably not attack us either. 

What sentence would you choose if you could only say one sentence again and again for the rest of your life?

Please leave your answers in the comments. I'm sure we'll find them interesting and funny too.

Have a good day. Iain.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hola! Somos Diana, Mario y Ángela, hemos leído con mucho interés y diversión vuestra historia. Y para nosotros la frase sería "Hola me llamo Diana/Mario/Ángela y esta es la única frase que puedo decir para el resto de mi vida." Nos hemos reído mucho juntos. Gracias!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ¡Hola Diana, Mario y Ángela! Me gusta vuestra frase porque si dices "me das un trozo de chocolate", "me das un trozo de chocolate", "me das un trozo de chocolate", tendrías mucho chocolate pero estarías muy aburrido. ¡Muchas gracias por comentar!

      Eliminar

Thanks for leaving a comment!