A bit about myself

My name is Iain, I am eight years old and I live in Madrid (Spain) with my mother and father. I speak Spanish and English because I'm half and half. And I have lots of questions. I started this blog when I was four.

My mother does something fun here:

My father is very beautiful and special too.

My cousin Inés has a rather great blog called Cool, yeah!

17.5.13

What's the name of that bird?

Yesterday on our way back from school, we took a secret path behind the parks and we followed a funny bird almost all the way home. It was very difficult to get near it. We tried creeping quietly but it kept flying off. It flew in a funny way, quite low on the ground and fast, from tree trunk to tree trunk, sometimes nibbling something on the grass. My mother said it was a woodpecker, but she didn't know the type of woodpecker.

This morning I asked my mother if we could look it up and we found out its name: it's a European Green Woodpecker. In Spanish they call it "Pito real". We like the red on its head. Under its green wings, its body is yellow-ish, or that's what it looked like when it was flying.

We watched a few videos too. I think this is my favourite one. Watch out for its very very very very long tongue!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Thanks for leaving a comment!