A bit about myself

My name is Iain, I am eight years old and I live in Madrid (Spain) with my mother and father. I speak Spanish and English because I'm half and half. And I have lots of questions. I started this blog when I was four.

My mother does something fun here:

My father is very beautiful and special too.

My cousin Inés has a rather great blog called Cool, yeah!

25.5.13

Squirrels crossing roads and seeing dreams with your eyes shut

Today I have two questions.

Would it be possible to teach a squirrel how to cross the road at the lights and only when they go green? 

I thought of this question when I read a letter from my Ma (she's my grandmother). In the letter she told me that from their window in Edinburgh they sometimes see squirrels. She said sometimes they were a bit silly because they want to cross the road when there's a red man. So my question is, would it be possible to teach a squirrel how to cross the road at the lights and only when they go green? How? If you can think of any good ideas, please leave a comment.

I would teach a squirrel to cross the road getting the squirrel very gently until we reach the lights. If there's a button for the road, I or the squirrel can touch it, so that the squirrel doesn't run away and so the green man can come very fast. I would do this lots and lots and lots of times until the squirrel knows that it needs to do what I showed it.

My other question is about dreaming.
How can you see if you are closing your eyes when you are dreaming?

What do you see with? Maybe with a telescope that makes you see with your eyes shut. Maybe someone puts it somewhere for me. Maybe with my memory. Or my imagination. What do you think?

That's all that I want to say. Have a nice day.

3 comentarios:

  1. Dear Iain

    I think putting a nut across the road when there is a green light might make them want to cross at the right moment. What do you think? Lots of love,

    Seth

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Maybe, Seth. Yes. But how do you make them NOT cross when there isn't a nut?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Iain, you have got me there. You really are very good at asking fabulous questions! Seth

    ResponderEliminar

Thanks for leaving a comment!